Thursday, January 7, 2016

Persona 3 Portable (Rate: 5/5)

I replayed this on my 10-day vacation last week. I haven't finished it yet, but I've played more than one playthrough so yeah.

This is an RPG and a remake of Persona 3 for PSP (thus the "portable"). The main char in Persona 3 is a male, and in P3P you can choose to have a male or a female main char. The main plot is basically the same, but there are different little things, of course.


The guy with blue hair and headphone is the male MC, the girl with hairpins and headphone is the female MC

It tells a story of monsters called shadows. The MC and the team have a power called persona that can be used to kill the shadows. The shadows are like dementors in Harry Potter, you know? They eat humans' desire to live. So, they have to kill the shadows to save humanity. But of course there are plot twists. But that's pretty much the main plot.

I played this for the first time before I got into psychology. But after getting into college, I was like, what this is so Jungian. I pretty much learned Jung's theory from the game, lol.

Okay so this is a really good game. The MC has stats that you have to increase, so you do have to study, or work part-time, or whatever. The MC also has something called social links. It is used to strengthen your personas. So, you have to make friends with many, many people. It's kinda hard to have all the social links maxed, for me. I mean, you have to increase your stats, level up your team, and make friends for a year. But I guess it's possible. Just follow a walkthrough, lol.

The social links are kinda different for the male MC and female MC. For example, the male MC gets to create a link with a teacher, the female MC doesn't. But they both can have lover route(s)! Of course the male with females and the female with males. Though I think the male MC's lover route(s) are far more innocent than the female MC's. I don't know why but it's fun seeing them implying things. :p
The backstory for every single characters in this game is very nice, though. So you can play both the male and female MC for fun.

You can have many personas, really! I don't know how many there are in the game, but they are divided into many arcanas (which I don't know how many either). It's kinda like a "type" for personas. You also have the ability to use and bring more than one persona into a battle. Your friends can't do this.

All in all, it's very good stuff. It's actually a philosophical game too, if you get that. It tells about life and death, and things like that. Note that this game has an extremely emotional ending, though. Prepare some tissues if your kokoro can't. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by SuckMyLolly.com